Have you ever walked down a busy street and see someone who looks as if they just turned up from Mars or even Uranus? Many of us have bumped into people in the grocery store, sports games and even while dropping off our kids at school and someone walks past us and we notice that everyone is staring and have this expression on their faces which read as ,” What the??? Was that?” But everyone is too polite to say anything.
You are allowed to express yourself your way because we are all unique and that affects our style and sense of beauty but that doesn’t mean you show up looking like you a walking signboard or wearing clothes that are too tight, too short or even inappropriate for your age.
Lets get right to it
1.Wearing the wrong pattern for your body type.
We all love to wear nice patterns be it paisley or polka dots or even stripped which can be vertical or horizontal. As much as it stylish to mix patterns you have to be aware of how your patterns accentuate your body type. Tall women are able to pull of horizontal patterns easily unlike not very tall women who look better in polka dots. Every woman can look nice no matter the pattern you choose. It is just some body types are better suited for some patterns than the other and you should be aware when making those choices.
2. Running around in flip flops- It is very unladylike to walk around in flip-flops unless you are at the beach or inside your house. You should stay clear of flip-flops. It is very unflattering to your feet and is plainly unglamorous. You can wear sandals, tongs or even a wedge sandals will do.
3. Wearing clothes that show too much of your skin- Classy ladies know that it is more elegant to leave something for the imagination when dressing up. You don’t show off all your goods for everyone to see except you are a celebrity, pop star or a model. You don’t need to go around advertising your endowments. You can appear like too desperate or even trashy if you show off too much. You can show off a little by wearing a camisole or boobs tube to cover up your cleavage and if your dress or skirt is too short you can wear a pair of tights and if you want to tease, you can wear a pair of lace tights so that you show off your legs without being so obvious.
4. Wearing stripper heels- High heels make a lady look elegant but can make you look ridiculous if the heels are too high and you find yourself walking around like a flamingo who lost its way. Wear heels but be cognizant of the fact that walking around in them comfortable is more important than trying to fit in with the Joneses.
5.Wearing too much make up- Make up is meant to accentuate your natural look and not to make you unrecognizable even to your own mother. Many women wear very heavy make up thinking it makes them beautiful but it actually makes you look ridiculous. You should use make up to the barest minimum. If you want to go for a heavy look then accentuate your lips with a sharp colour lipstick while leaving everything else to the barest minimum.
6. Over accessorizing – A lot of women make the mistake of wearing too much accessory. They have on big earrings, big bold belts and then complement their look with a huge bangle or wrist chain. You don’t have to wear all your jewellery in one day. You can wear them one at a time. In fact over accessorizing makes you look tasteless and can bring gown your overall look. Try and keep it to a minimum. Remember the saying that “Less is more”. Accessorizing is a way to live that phrase.
7 Wearing the wrong outfit for a particular occasion- When attending an occasion always dress appropriately for the event. I have seen people show up at weddings in jeans. Weddings are formal occasions and you should dress formally. A back tie event calls for a bow tie if you have one even though a regular black tie will work too. When attending formal occasion try and stir clear of short dresses. It looks more elegant if you wear an evening gown and if you want to go short, you should make sure it is al least above the knee.
8 Wear the right type of under garments- Take the time to wear the appropriate under garments suited for your outfits. Don’t wear panties that will show through your outfits. It looks so crass. It is a no for a lady. When picking an outfit, pick out the under garments that go with it. If you are wearing a white outfit, it is best to wear black undergarments and please don’t wear tops that show your bra straps. Your bra is meant to be hidden and so try and keep them that way. Wear push up bras to give you’re a boost so you look well put together. I have notice that many women don’t pay attention to even their panties. You bend down in a store to pick something up from the floor and your panties are showing, that should not be happening .The worst is when you can clearly see the person wearing a thong. Some things are meant for private consumption and your under garments should be top on the list.
9. Dressing to impress others at your own expense – The first rule of Fashion is to dress for yourself. Many people think women dress to impress others, but you should actually dress up for yourself. Wear what makes you feel good and what you are comfortable in. You don’t need to impress anyone other than yourself. Every other parson’s opinion doesn’t count. The way you dress is an expression of who you are. Don’t give that power to others by dressing to please them. Impress yourself, if others are impressed, it is a bonus. Be confident in who you are, hold up your head high and strut around like the queen you are.
10. Bad bedtime routines- Every woman should have a bed time routine that consists of washing your face at the very least and taking a bath at most. Wear beautiful nightgowns to sleep, If you are into pyjamas buy nice color and make an effort to look decent even at night. Don’t sleep with your make up on. Please wash off all make up. Those are chemicals that should not be left on your skin longer than necessary. Wear a light perfume at night. It is both classy and sexy. Treat yourself; I don’t care if you have 2 dozen children. Give yourself the gift of self-care.
Which of these flaws do you commit or have committed in the past? Please leave a comment below.